Image Map

Sunday, March 28, 2010

let's have a celebration

The hubs and I had a fantastic time celebrating my birthday on Friday.  Eric surprised me with dinner reservations at one of my favorite local restaurants, Ella Dining Room and Bar.  The wine was divine and the food was rich in flavor. We ate so much I was tired before my entree arrived. 

{the sneaky hubs}



{the grand entrance}


{can't get enough of the shutters}

{the drama}


{Eric, L & Sarah, R}


{the first course, Salmon Flatbread}

The Menu

{after my first glass of wine, I forgot to take pictures of the our delicious food, figures.}


{the prettiest restroom door I've ever seen}

Are you all wondering what the hubs got me for my birthday, besides an fantastic dinner???
Answer....THE iPad... Well, I won't actually get it until April 3rd.  I was shocked and beyond excited. With all that has been going on with Eric, I cannot believe he even made reservations for dinner let alone pre-order this baby. He really is so thoughtful and sweet!


Following the fun at Ella we headed home to finish off the night with a birthday celebration family style. My two little men were waiting to sing for me, open my gifts for me and most importantly eat cake. Jake, my oldest kept announcing Happy Birthday Mom, eat cake. 

{my boys tearing it up}

Saturday was a beautiful day here in Sunny California. There was a nice breeze so we decided to help our boys fly their first kite. It was not easy. 



We all got tangled up in the fun. I know the backyard is a bit blah, but we are in the works on making it a much better place.  I'll post our plans soon.

{Ry exploring}

Sunday was spent weeding and mowing the lawn, a first for me.  My goal for 2010, accomplishing a lot of firsts. 
How was your weekend?  Any celebrations?



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to celebrate a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend! The salmon shortbread looks amazing! And your boys are adroable.

    Happy Monday Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! It was a great day.

    ReplyDelete

©2012 A Spoonful of Dish | Designed by: Lust luxe love